Thursday, December 31, 2020

Bookish Lists: My Favorite Books of 2020

Though 2020 has been a difficult and strange year in many ways for a multitude of people, I'm seeking to focus on the happy and good things that happened, especially as I look back and ponder through journal entries and possible blog posts.  One of those things is that I actually read quite a bit more this year than I thought I would!  I thought having a baby would slow my reading down a lot.  And in some ways, it has.  But I'm learning that naptimes are great times to read, if I'm not sleep deprived and there isn't a ton of bottles/dishes/laundry waiting for me.  So, this is my annual "favorite books of the year!" post.  Complete with alphabetizing by author and links if you click on the book title.  Not all of these books released this year, but I did get to read them at some point during the year, so I'm saying it counts.  So, without further blathering:



1) Cry of The Raven by Morgan L. Busse
This is the third book in the Ravenwood Saga and I was so excited to read it!
It's also the first book I read after I had my little girl and I actually read most of it
out loud to her. Getting her started early.



2) Daughter of Light by Morgan L. Busse
I don't typically include two books by the same author and I find it kind of amusing
that the first book is the last one in her newest series and this one is the first book in her
very first series.  But this one challenged me, a lot.  I haven't gotten to read the rest of the series yet, but simply based on this one, I'll have to finish it very soon!  I must know what happens!


3) Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese
One of my friends is an avid fan of Nicole's and has told me for a while now that I just
have to read one of her books.  I don't remember how I came to have this one, but I chose to read it on
a whim one day and I was so good!  I am now a believer, Denise!  I haven't gotten to read any others from her, yet.  But this one was beautiful, funny, sweet, and so many other things.


4) Acceptable Risk by Lynette Eason
This book had loads of suspense!  It also included a drug trial, something I found interesting,
being a pharmacy tech.  Plus, I loved Sarah and Gavin!


5) Start With Me by Kara Isaac
There are so many things I could say about this book . . . but I think it all 
boils down to, "you need to read it!"  Truly, I'm a huge fan of Kara's and this book might by my favorite.  Maybe.  I'm terrible at choosing these things . . . .



6) The Love Note by Joanna Davidson Politano
This book surprised me in so many ways!  I hadn't read anything by this author
since her debut novel and I fell in love with this story!


7) Some Bright Someday by Melissa Tagg
If you enjoy rom-com, even if you just like it, and you haven't read
any of Melissa's books yet my first question is, "why not???" 


8) Storing Up Trouble by Jen Turano
I think one of Jen's books ends up on my list every year.  I just can't help it!  
I love to laugh and her books inspire much laughter in my house!  They're also some 
of my library that I happily loan, so they can elicit laughter in other homes, as well!



9) Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner
This book was my first from Bethany Turner and it surprised me!  It honestly wasn't
super deep or anything, but it was so funny!  And during a pandemic, you need all the humor
you can find, right?


10) The Best We've Been by Beth K. Vogt
This book is a little outside of my normal scope, being that it's more women's fiction
than romance, but after reading the first 2 books in the series last year, I had to get the last one.  And it was really good in a heart-wrenching, soul-searching kind of way.  A fitting end to the series, for sure.


11) Stay With Me by Becky Wade
Becky has been one of my favorite authors ever since I read My Stubborn Heart and then
reread it before it was due back at the library.  And she has yet to disappoint me!  This book
was . . . you know, just read it for yourself.  That's about all I can say.


12) A Portrait of Loyalty by Roseanna M. White
This is the final book in The Codebreakers series and I loved it just as much as the 
first 2!  Honestly, I'm pretty sure every book in this series made me cry at one point or another.  But there's so much truth, even amidst the pain and war.  And beauty, especially found by Lily's camera.

What were some of your favorite books from 2020?  Did any of these make your list, too?  Please share!  I'm always looking for more titles to add to my never-shortening TBR list! 







No comments:

Post a Comment