Friday, March 20, 2015

Random thoughts for Friday

Hello, everyone!  I've been pretty scarce around here lately and though I've been sharing book reviews, nothing personal has come across lately.  I stopped doing my Sunday devotions in January and kind of backed off for a while.  I was feeling distant from God and didn't want to post anything that was less than what He had for me to share.
 
Looking back, I can see what was happening.  I had given myself a deadline each week (Sunday) to have a post ready, but I wasn't taking the time I needed in order to seek God.  I wanted to simply write a post in a few spare minutes.  Anyone who knows me is aware that I absolutely despise waiting until the last minute for anything and I would become frustrated each Saturday, when it would be almost midnight and I would still have nothing to share.  But, as I learned, you can't force God and sometimes . . . we let His voice become drowned out with all the madness and noise of life.  It would be in those moments, when I reached the point of saying, "God, I've got nothing left" when I would finally hear His voice.  There's a line in Listen to the Sound by Building 429 (click on the title to hear the song), that says "Sometimes it takes a silence to finally hear His plan."  I've found that to be very true in my own life.
 
 When I've reached my wits end and I have nothing left, and there are no words to express what I'm feeling, that's when I feel His presence the most.  Because I've surrendered.  I've reached the point where I just can't keep going and I'm forced to let go and rely on Him.  Those times keep me humble and reaching out to Him.  They remind me that I can't do it on my own.  They might drive me crazy, because being vulnerable isn't my first choice, but at the same time, I'm grateful.  I don't want to ever reach the point where I feel invincible and I forgot Who has been carrying me every step of the way.
 
So, that's my recent epiphany - what's been going on in your life?  What has God taught you that was maybe a hard lesson, but one you needed to hear?   

No comments:

Post a Comment