Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year 2014


I've been thinking about the new year a lot the past few days. I'm so not ready for it, ya know? Not that I have much choice in the matter, because it's coming whether I'm ready or not. But I have tried, I just don't like change and a new year means changes, the least of which is remembering to write "2015" on stuff. Many people are excited; new opportunities, new things going on, maybe something you've been eagerly anticipating will happen in 2015. That's awesome. But for me, uncertainty is what I see ahead, and I'll admit, I'm scared. Then, I read this blog post . . . well, it's actually a repost of a blog post from October, I think. Anyway, it reminded me of where I should go, not only when I face uncertainty in life, but every single day. The throne of God. So, if you're like me and maybe a little wary of what this new year may bring, I hope this encourages you, as it did me. Happy New Year and may God guide and bless you in the days to come!

Kristy Cambron - I'm a Christian Who Doesn't Pray

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Sarah! I always love the thoughts you share.

    I'm not big on celebration this holiday . . . In fact, I'm going to sit down with a book after I finish watching an entertaining British police procedural on my DVR. Such is my New Year's Eve.

    Neither am I into all the "new" stuff. Tomorrow is just the next day of the week as far as I'm concerned, although I will have to remember to write 2015 like you mentioned. And every day brings uncertainties because nothing is assured about tomorrow. No matter what you are anticipating, Sarah, just remember Who loves you, takes each step with you, and sometimes even picks you up and carries you through.

    May 2015 be filled with peace, no matter what comes. I love you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete