Monday, September 21, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers

 
My incredibly sweet friend Carole at The Power of Words . . .   has nominated me for this award!!  Thank you SO much Carole!  I am truly honored!  And this is such a fun way for me to spend a dreary day!
 
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award Rules:

Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten blogs.

 
First, to answer Carole's questions:

 
1) What do you enjoy most about fall?
I’m not much of a cooler weather person, but I love the fuzzy sweaters I get to wear when the temp goes down!


2) What book are you currently reading?
Deadlock by DiAnn Mills  (love the cover!)
















3) Are you an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between?
I’m going to steal Melissa Tagg’s word and say that I am an ambivert.  Which is literally somewhere in between. 











(and I used this picture of Melissa's book instead a photo of her, because 1) it might be a smidge weird of me to use her photo and 2) this book is mentioned below)


4) What’s your favorite genre? Least Favorite genre?
I don’t know that I have a favorite genre, except for Christian fiction.  I tend to jump around within that section.   Historical, mystery, suspense, romance, fantasy (occasionally).  The only sub-genres I can’t claim are Sci-Fi and Dystopian, though I do have K. E. Ganshert’s first book on my Kindle, to be read. 


 
5) What is one of your favorite reads so far this year?
I'm going to confess this right now: I despise picking favorites, solely because there are so many! Hmm . . . Let’s see.   I would have to say either Taken by Dee Henderson or From the Start by Melissa Tagg













6) Have you enjoyed a non-fiction book that you would recommend?
Yes!   I highly recommend Let Me Fall by Beth Pensinger!  I actually read it for the first time last year, after she so generously gave away a copy (of which I was the recipient), but I've been rereading it recently and enjoying it just as much!









 7) If you had a bucket list, name one thing that would be on it.
The serious one?  To write a letter to each of my family members, telling them all of the things I might have forgotten to.  The crazy/insane one? I really want to go sky-diving. 

 
 
8) Do you have a favorite hymn or Christian song?
Again with the favorites, Miss Carole?!   I adore music, so choosing just one song is pretty much impossible, especially since it changes week to week.   Though my current favorite is My Story by Big Daddy Weave, I think. (click the song title to listen to it on YouTube)


 

9) If you were given the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
This is a really hard one for me!  There are so many places I would love to go, things I’d love to see . . . . I think top of the list would be . . . . (30 minutes later) okay, I’m going to be generic and say a somewhat private beach.  Preferably one in a warm climate.  The why?  Because I love listening to the waves and watching them roll in, every one of them unique in how it approaches land.   I also love the sunrise and sunsets over the ocean.   If you haven’t seen either one, they are AMAZING! I also feel closer to God there.  Something about it strips away the mundane and the distractions until it’s just me and Him.


   (Somewhere like this maybe - I love the photo, though it isn't mine!)


10) What Bible verse has ministered to you recently?

 “Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God.” - Psalm 90:2 NIV
 
I love the wording here.  Think about that.  "From everlasting to everlasting . . . "  Another version says “. . . from beginning to end You are God.”  It doesn’t say “in the beginning and in the end” it says to.”  Even when I’m going through a tough season, even when my world may seem to be falling apart, He is still God.  In the good times, in the bad, no matter what my emotions, or what the enemy may try to tell me, He is still God.  There is such comfort in that realization for me.  He is still God, regardless.  And He is still in control.
 
 
 There are so many excellent bloggers out there, I know, though confession time: I don't follow that many reviewer blogs.  (cue the stage *gasp*)  Carole's is one that I do and I'm nominating 3 others below that also I love.  I do follow several blogs, but most are favorite authors, or are about writing or building your faith.  So I'm not going to include all of those.  Maybe I'll do a post one day about my favorite bloggers.  We shall see.  Anywho, here are my nominees and links to their blogs.  I hope you'll check them out! :)

Savanna at The Engrafted Word
Katie at Beautifully Broken - Because Perfection is Overrated
Beckie at By The Book

Bloggers here are your questions!
1) How did you get started blogging?

2) Who is your favorite author? Why? What about their writing/books is different ? Is it something you can define?

3) Favorite pastime (other than reading)?

4) Current favorite song?

5) What book have you read recently that really pulled you into the story and lives of the characters? Where did it take you?

6) Favorite color?

7) A quirky or odd fact about you.

8) Describe yourself with 3 words.

9) If you could live anywhere in the world for 1 year, where would you most like to call home?

10) What is something God has been teaching you recently (it can be a single word with no details)?





 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment